Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Filling in the Gaps

No class today, so I spent the last 14 hours taking care of stuff around the apartment. The to-do list at the beginning of the day looked something like this:
1. Call Cable/Internet Company
2. Call SHS for appointment
3. Read
4. Go to Gym/Pilates
5. Open up a house bank account (with roommates)

By the end of the day, it looked like this:
1. Call Cable/Internet Company
2. Call SHS
3. Read
4. Go to Gym/Pilates
5. Open up a house bank account

Plus I added on to-do's as I went, like getting random stuff at Bed, Bath & Beyond, Cooking Dinner, and constructing a couch I had ordered. I'm telling you all of this to say that I filled my entire day with NOT reading the newspaper, NOT reading for class, and NOT exploring my beat (the Lower East Side). But, anxious reader (i.e., Mom and Dad), don't fret. Despite the fact that I have the whole day off tomorrow, I am up at 11:08 PM with the goal of plowing through some of my reading for Friday. Tomorrow I will read at least two newspapers (NYT and a local one), finish my reading for Friday (about and by Nellie Bly), and start reading another book (one on Castro by the man teaching my Latin America course--see below). That's my pledge to you. I will find one newsworthy thing to report to you by the end of the day.

I thought I'd give you a glimpse at the people who are teaching me the trade this semester. I'm taking three classes: Writing & Reporting I, taught by Craig Wolff, A Brief History of Women Critics, taught by Ms. Katie Roiphe, and The U.S., Latin America & The Media, taught by Anthony DePalma. A pretty nice lineup, in my opinion. It's fun to google your professors and see what people (critics) have to say about them.

2 Comments:

Blogger StaceyBelle said...

if you think google is good, you should try ratemyprofessor.com

10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you cannot know your real professors until you finish the class...if you are a girl, be careful and good luck !

12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home